A gift to The Middlesex Land Trust with a Charitable Gift Annuity could help you fulfill your philanthropic initiatives while preserving a life income.
Why is this a good gift option?
A gift annuity will allow you to meet your financial needs and charitable goals, because it will provide you with:
- An immediate federal income tax deduction and capital gains tax savings.
- A lifetime stream of fixed payments for one or two people (e.g., the donor and/or another person).
- Annuities, which offer higher rates of return than many other investments.
- Reduced probate costs and estate taxes.
- Generous support to a mission-driven organization.
How does a charitable gift annuity work?
- To participate you must be at least 50 years old and contribute an irrevocable gift of $10,000.
- You may contribute cash, securities, and marketable real property to establish a gift annuity.
- You may designate one or two annuitants.
- MxLT provides you with a simple agreement.
- You transfer your assets to MxLT.
- You collect fixed payments for the rest of your life.
What mission will I be supporting?
The Middlesex Land Trust’s mission is to preserve open space in Northern Middlesex County by identifying, protecting, and maintaining significant natural features such as wetlands, scenic areas, critical wildlife habitats, prime farmland, and unique geological formations. The Land Trust accepts donations of property as well as conservation easements to ensure that these lands remain in open space for the benefit and enjoyment of future generations.
Please contact us to find out how you can benefit from this popular gift. We will work with you and your professional advisors to structure a plan that meets your philanthropic and personal goals.